Make a Difference.
Make a positive impact in your business and in the industry. Gain a deeper understanding of key issues impacting your clients. Make your voice heard. Get involved today. Join the Government Affairs Committee.
As you know, real estate is a highly regulated industry and is directly affected by public policy.
As non-partisan organizations, MetroTex, the Texas Association of REALTORS, and the National Association of REALTORS are deeply involved in core issues like:
- promoting and protecting private-property ownership and rights
- advocating for Texas REALTORS and property owners
- keeping homeownership affordable
The Government Affairs Committee identifies, monitors, and acts on issues that impact the real estate industry and property owners. Committee members participate in several grassroots political actions including:
- Help register voters
- Participate in Calls For Action
- Vote and encourage others to vote
- Keep up to date with NAR, TAR, issues
- Stay apprised of key local issues and report to committee
- Read TAR’s Legislative Liaison
- Promote and Invest in TREPAC
- Have fun and network at our events and auctions
The committee meets monthly. Members have the opportunity to hear speakers addressing government policies and political issues affecting the real estate industry.
Members may qualify to participate in the candidate interview process, which recommends candidates for endorsement to the MetroTex Board of Directors.
Government Affairs Committee members are strongly encouraged to invest at least a $45 “Fair Share” annually in the Texas Real Estate Political Action Committee (TREPAC).
For more information, contact the MetroTex Government Affairs Director Romeo Arrieta at firstname.lastname@example.org. The committee meets on the 2nd Thursdayof each month.