The MetroTex Association of REALTORS® is one of the fastest growing REALTOR® associations in the U.S. and we want to take advantage of the innovation and skills that our 20,000+ members offer.
One key element in our strategic plan is to identify, develop and nurture future volunteer leaders. MetroTex invites you to consider serving your association as a volunteer leader by submitting an application to join the MetroTex Board of Directors as an officer or director.
The qualifications for candidacy are simple:
Director – Each Director shall be a REALTOR® Member in good standing for the two (2) years immediately preceding his or her term of office at the time of such election.
President – Elect – The President-Elect shall be a REALTOR® Member who has served as Director for twenty-four (24) consecutive months during the sixty (60) months immediately preceding his or her term of office. The President-Elect shall assume the duties of the President, if the President is absent or unable to perform the duties of the President.
Secretary / Treasurer – The Secretary/Treasurer shall be a REALTOR® Member who has served as Director for twenty-four (24) consecutive months during the sixty (60) months immediately preceding his or her term of office. Served on the Budget & Finance Committee for at least one full year or served as chair of a standing committee of the Association for at least one full year.
What Happens Next?
All REALTOR® members have access to an online application to serve as a MetroTex director beginning in 2020.
All qualified applicants will be interviewed by the MetroTex Nominating Committee in May and June of 2019 with the final Slate of Nominees announced in July.
What Does it Take?
Any applicants are applying to serve a 2-year term as a MetroTex Director.
- Preparation for and attendance at the monthly Directors’ meeting
- Service as a committee liaison to a standing committee
- Service on the Budget & Finance committee (approximately three meetings per year, 4 hours each meeting)
- Occasional attendance at area speaking engagements
- Attendance at a MetroTex Leadership Retreat each year
- Directors are also expected to attend annual awards and installation event
- All directors are encouraged to attend and participate in Association programs such as TREPAC Auctions, MLS area meetings, Community Outreach events, Government Affairs programs and Education events