MetroTex Keybox Exchange
During the exchange event the keybox vendor (Supra) will have trained personnel on hand to make this one for one exchange of your Supra iBoxes to the new iBox BT LE very simple and efficient.
Step one for all keybox users is to account for all keyboxes assigned to you in our system.
Why are we exchanging boxes?
- Your current iBoxes will no longer be under warranty or serviced by the vendor after the exchange period.
- The current iBoxes are very old. Most agents have noticed a critical decline in battery status on their current boxes. Each of the iBox BT LE’s will have renewed battery life.
- To take advantage of the newest equipment that allows eKey users to open boxes with simple Bluetooth technology directly to the box without the use of a FOB (but do not get rid of the FOB yet).
- Each exchanged box will come with a 6-year warranty so if the box simply stops working (and it’s not damaged, etc) it will be replaced at no cost.
- The new iBox BT LE lets eKey users open boxes with simple Bluetooth technology directly to the box without the use of a FOB.
- The iBox BT LE has a large key container to hold multiple house keys and gate cards.
- The iBox BT LE shackle releases in one step for easy placement on properties.
- Each exchanged box will come with a 6-year warranty and a renewed battery life.
How will the exchange event work?
Do we still have to have a FOB?
Yes, all eKey users must keep a FOB for the foreseeable future. Each area association has a separate contract with Supra. While MetroTex is doing this exchange right now other Associations have not done the exchange at this time. When showing homes listed by members of those associations the FOB will still be needed.
Is the exchange mandatory?
If a Key Service User chooses not to participate in the exchange, then once the exchange period is over, the current iBoxes will no longer be under warranty. If a problem arises with an iBox then the member MUST PURCHASE an iBox BT LE for $120.00 plus tax. There will be no warranty replacements after the exchange period.
Will our old boxes still work if we don’t exchange them?
Will the dKey still work with the new boxes?
I am not available that week - can I send someone else to exchange my keyboxes for me?
Have boxes not in your name?