What is the MetroTex Leadership Academy? It is a fun and fulfilling ten month training program that specifically was designed to identify and develop future leaders for the Association.
Mission Statement: To develop and enhance participant’s leadership skills and abilities so that they may be better prepared to fill future leadership roles in their Association, their professions and their communities.
Specifically, the program will:
- Identify and motivate potential leadership in the REALTOR Association community;
- Acquaint such leadership with community needs and problems;
- Build a network of leaders who can enhance their problem solving skills with other leadership abilities through shared perspectives and working together;
- Challenge potential leadership to Association and community involvement and decision-making;
- Acquaint such leadership with Association structure and purpose;
- Emphasize the development of team-building skills among the Leadership participants.
- Orientation/ROPES each year (2 days)
- 1 Program day each month for 10 months
- Additional days/meetings are required by each participant to plan a program day
- Must hold membership with MetroTex as a REALTOR or Affiliate Member
- Complete entire application and turn in prior to deadline date each year
- Complete interview process
- If selected, tuition is due by deadline
You never graduate from Leadership, rather into Leadership. After graduating from the MetroTex Leadership Academy, Alumni members contribute back to the Association by serving on Committees. Additionally, Alumni help manage/support future graduates by guiding current participants of the program, contribute scholarships and help to fund recruiting events by contributing yearly dues. In addition, Alumni plan annual events to get together to network, learn and have fun.
Alumni –Pay Your Dues Link