What is the MetroTex Leadership Academy? It is a fun and fulfilling ten month training program that specifically was designed to identify and develop future leaders for the Association.
Are You a New REALTOR?
This is Your Opportunity to Get Engaged in the REALTOR® Community!
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for agents that have been in the business for 18 months or less. The day’s events will shape how you interact with others both personally and professionally. You will have a better understanding of how to get engaged on a local, state, and national level. Get a feel for the award winning MetroTex Leadership Academy.
Learn more about your local, state, and national associations – why they are important to your business – why and how to get involved.
If you have a desire to learn more, dig deeper and have a lot of fun doing it – this program is for you.
Our mission: To identify new agents who have demonstrated Leadership qualities. Provide a glimpse of the Leadership Academy, a better understanding of the Association, and encourage them to engage.
Dates / Time:
August 2nd, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00pm
CE: 3hrs TREC# 33890
MetroTex Dallas Office Training Rm 1-2nd Floor 8201 N. Stemmons Frwy., Dallas, TX 75247
BREAKFAST & LUNCH INCLUDED!
Mission Statement: To develop and enhance participant’s leadership skills and abilities so that they may be better prepared to fill future leadership roles in their Association, their professions and their communities.
Specifically, the program will:
- Identify and motivate potential leadership in the REALTOR Association community;
- Acquaint such leadership with community needs and problems;
- Build a network of leaders who can enhance their problem solving skills with other leadership abilities through shared perspectives and working together;
- Challenge potential leadership to Association and community involvement and decision-making;
- Acquaint such leadership with Association structure and purpose;
- Emphasize the development of team-building skills among the Leadership participants.
- Orientation/ROPES in August or September each year (2 days)
- 1 Program day each month for 10 months
- Additional days/meetings are required by each participant to plan a program day
- Must hold membership with MetroTex as a REALTOR or Affiliate Member
- Complete entire application and turn in prior to deadline of April 30th each year
- Complete interview process in May of each year
- If selected, tuition is due by end of June
Interested in obtaining a MetroTex Leadership Academy Application?
Leadership Academy Applications (applications will be posted in February 2019)
Want more information about this program? Email the Leadership Program Administrator
You never graduate from Leadership, rather into Leadership. After graduating from the MetroTex Leadership Academy, Alumni members contribute back to the Association by serving on Committees. Additionally, Alumni help manage/support future graduates by guiding current participants of the program, contribute scholarships and help to fund recruiting events by contributing yearly dues. In addition, Alumni plan annual events to get together to network, learn and have fun.
Alumni –Pay Your Dues Link