“Building the best leaders for the benefit of Texas REALTORS®.”
The Texas REALTORS® Leadership Program (TRLP) provides an innovative and flexible learning experience that focuses on leadership development in the context of a learning community. Core values of the Texas REALTORS® Leadership Program include community, service, integrity, and commitment.
“The TRLP mission is to cultivate leaders from all segments of the community by educating, developing, and encouraging participants to undertake leadership roles, providing them the means and resources to begin their involvement, and instructing them on how to utilize these assets to impact change and make a difference in their respective professional, personal, and civic areas of interest.”
TRLP cultivates leaders across the state by educating them about leadership roles and the process to begin their involvement. Further, it helps build and strengthen key leadership skills to effect change and make a difference in both professional and personal areas of interest. In short, the purpose of TRLP is to prepare the next generation of Texas REALTORS® to meet future challenges.
The Texas REALTORS® Leadership Program includes seminars, guest speakers, group discussions, and leadership exercises that address vital issues affecting Texas REALTORS®. The format promotes discussion and involvement by all participants.
The Texas REALTORS® Leadership Program hopes to enable participants to:
- Increase their self-awareness
- Gain more effective communication and negotiation skills
- Learn to lead despite differences and conflicts
- Embrace team dynamics
- Acquire a greater understanding of the real estate business
- Prepare for future roles
- Be able to set goals, take action, and achieve results
- Become more involved in committees
- Create trust through integrity and ethical behavior
- Practice self-discipline and time management
- Achieve work/life/health balance
- Gain a deeper appreciation of the local, state, and national REALTOR®organizations
- Understand all the responsibilities of leadership
- Build relationships with industry peers
TRLP Program Guidelines and Expectations
Candidates must complete an application and be selected to participate in the TRLP. The Texas REALTORS® Leadership Program is composed of eight or more modules, typically delivered over an eight-month timeframe. There is an opening two day retreat in Dallas plus six full day program days and an overnight trip to Austin. Participants must be a REALTOR® or Affiliate member of MetroTex.
After graduating from the TRLP, Alumni members contribute back to the Association by serving on local, state and national Committees. Additionally, the TRLP Alumni committee gives guidance to participants currently enrolled in the TRLP program and they hold recruiting events for future participants. Alumni dues go toward scholarships and alumni events, which include team building, education, networking and fun.
Alumni –Pay Your Dues Link