Excited for the in-person Texas REALTORS® Winter Meetings in beautiful Austin, Texas? As a way to help you enjoy the meeting as much as possible please use the guide below to proved some tips on the events and meetings that you might want to attend during the week.
Know before you go...
Safety First! Before you leave home…
Thank you for joining us for the 2022 Texas REALTORS® Winter Meeting. We are excited to bring you an in-person event from Thursday, February 10 through Tuesday, February 15 at the Hyatt Regency on Barton Springs Road in Austin. Pre-registration at texasrealestate.com/wintermeeting is required.
The health and safety of all onsite attendees is a top priority. All attendees are required to wear masks indoors at all times, regardless of vaccination status, except when actively eating or drinking. All attendees, including guests, must submit proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test prior to check-in. The City of Austin is currently in Stage 5 for COVID-19 risk. To read more about the recommended protocols for all levels, please visit: austintexas.gov/page/covid-19-risk-based-guidelines.
Please use the following guide to help you understand our COVID-19 protocols at this event.
- Provide proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test taken no more than 72 hours before your arrival by visiting the Vital Circle portal . Please note: you may be denied entry if you have not completed this pre-screen process.
- Once you arrive, visit the on-site Health & Safety Desk for screening prior to hotel check-in. The Health & Safety Desk will be located on the 2nd floor of the Hyatt, near the Winter Meeting event registration desk. All event guests will be required to visit the Health & Safety Desk prior to receiving conference badges and/or event tickets.
- After completing the screening process at the Health & Safety Desk, check-in at the Winter Meeting Registration Desk, where you will receive your event badge and materials.
- Remember to wear your mask at all Winter Meeting sessions when not actively eating or drinking. Compliance Officers will be present to ensure masking requirements are being followed.
- Please visit the on-site Health & Safety Desk if you have questions or need to speak with a compliance officer.
We look forward to seeing you at Winter Meeting!
Below are some additional considerations that may be useful as you plan your experience:
Cancellation policy: Hyatt requires 48 hours advance notice of cancelation without penalty. Embassy Suites requires 72 hours advance notice. Refund requests for Winter Meeting event tickets must be communicated by January 31. To cancel your hotel room, please contact the hotel directly. To make changes to your Winter Meeting event participation, visit texasrealestate.com/wintermeeting.
Testing: If submitting a negative test to attend our event, consider ordering home tests in advance at: special.usps.com/testkits
Exposure: If you are exposed to COVID or have tested positive, please review COVID Exposure Protocols click here
- Vital Circle Upload Form for Proof of Vaccine/Negative Test click here
- Vital Circle At-Home COVID-19 Test Instructions click here
- Vital Circle Portal Vital Circle portal
- Covid Exposure Protocols click here
- Order Covid Tests [special.usps.com/testkits]
- City of Austin COVID-19 Risk Guidelines [austintexas.gov/page/covid-19-risk-based-guidelines]
1st Port of Call Registration Table…
Be sure to stop by the Texas REALTORS® registration table and meet the Texas REALTORS® staff, pick up your name badge, director ribbon, event tickets and conference schedule. Feel free to ask questions or purchase additional tickets for lunches, special events, etc.
Chart your course…
Read through the information you receive at registration and chart your course for the days to follow. There are a mix of classes, informational sessions, networking opportunities, and meetings! You won’t be able to attend everything, so find your passion and enjoy your conference!
Activities on Deck...
Attend any or all of the committee meetings that capture your attention. While attending meetings, you are welcome to sit anywhere on the perimeter, as table seating is reserved for committee members. Feel free to raise your hand to make a comment, as the Chairs often recognize and welcome visitor input. If a vote is taken, only Committee members may vote!
Time for a break...
METROTEX NIGHT OUT (February 11): As a special treat for this years meetings MetroTex will be hosting a MetroTex Night Out for all of our members to join together for some food, fun and networking. If you would like to join us please RSVP (so we can track how much food and fun will be needed).
STAR’S RECEPTION (February 14): Come raise a glass to the members who have given much to the real estate industry. The recipient of the 2021 Texas REALTOR® of the Year award will be announced with live music to celebrate the event. All Winter Meeting attendees are welcome.
Discover the beauty of Austin and enjoy the great food in the area. Any free night allows you to get together with old friends, go to dinner with new friends or just relax on your own. A list of the local restaurants will be available at the Texas REALTORS® Registration Table.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions, get involved, and have FUN! If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask a MetroTex or Texas REALTORS® staff member, or one of the members from MetroTex. We’ve all been “First Timers” and we’re here to make you feel welcome!
Texas REALTORS® Board of Directors meeting…
Do I have to credentialize if I’m a Director?
YES! If you are a state director, your most important role is to credentialize at the “credentials tables” prior to the start of the Board of Directors meeting at 9a.m. on Friday morning. Take notice of the cut-off time (9:00am) for credentialing, as those attempting to credentialize after the cut-off time WILL NOT be allowed to do so.