MetroTex wants to help you sell more houses in 2017
Are you ready to get busy farming with RPR?
When we say “MetroTex wants to help you sell more houses” we mean it. We want to see you do so extraordinarily well in 2017, the only words you can think of to describe your success are “outrageous” and “astonishing.” We also have a feeling – just a hunch – that there is a whole toolbox right here at MetroTex that you don’t even know you have. And the tools in that tool box are game-changers. Money-savers. Time-savers. Information-gathering tools and databases more powerful than you ever knew about. They don’t even cost you any more money because it’s all included in your dues. And here’s the kicker – you already have access to them.
Breathe. It’s ok.
We’re going to spend a lot of time this year highlighting some of the tools you have in your arsenal. Of course, you don’t have to wait for us to cover it in the blog. We’re always offering free training classes through our MLS department and if you’d rather, you can watch on online video.
This blog will focus on one small part of what you can do with the software called RPR. It looks like this on your NTREIS portal:
Click on it and create a free account. Once you’re in, there are a ton of free videos, e-books and tutorials to get you started. Don’t be overwhelmed. The tools will feel pretty familiar once you see how they work. We’ve gotten this information from their e-book, The RPR Guide to Geographic Farming, which you can access here: http://blog.narrpr.com/ebook/geographic-prospecting/.
Farming with RPR
The key with successful farming is to choose an area you will be excited to represent. Your enthusiasm will be felt by your prospects and they will be more inclined to want to work with you.
New agents want to close any deal they can and end up putting a lot of miles on themselves before long. You can narrow down your choices from “everywhere and anywhere” by developing a focus on your farm criteria. Here are some questions most REALTORS will ask:
- Is the neighborhood nearby and easy to get to? You’ll be spending a lot of time here, so make it easy on yourself.
- Does the area have an acceptable turnover rate? Aim for an annual turnover of at least 5-7%
- How is the market doing in this farm area? RPR’s heat maps will tell you whether values in your farm area are increasing or decreasing over time.
- Is the number of homes manageable for a consistent marketing outreach? Your goal is to get your brand in front of as many eyes as possible, and you need to be able to afford to do so. Market only to as many homes as your budget will allow, every month.
- Does one agent currently dominate sales activity for the neighborhood or have homes been sold by many different agents? If there are many agents in the area, it will be easier for you to establish yourself as the local expert than if one agent already has the market cornered. If there is one dominant agent, you’ll have to come up with a better value proposition.
Let’s get started
Select a market area as your farm and save it. Let’s call it MyMillionDollarFarm. Learn how to do this online or take our class. If you’re really confused, give our MLS tech support a call. Once you’ve got MyMillionDollarFarm saved and you’re comfortable that you have a basic knowledge about the homes in that area (median value, turnover, recent market performance) let’s see what we can do with your farm.