METROTEX ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, INC.
MetroTex Multiple Listing Service
The MetroTex Association of REALTORS®, Inc., MetroTex Multiple Listing System, MetroTex Key Services, Inc. and MetroTex Commercial Data Services, Inc. (hereafter referred to as “MetroTex”) are strongly committed to the protection and security of the information provided to us by the professionals who are members, affiliates or service providers of mymetrotex.com. We respect your right to keep your personal information confidential and understand your desire to avoid unwanted solicitations. We hope by taking a few moments to read this policy, you will have a better understanding of how we strive to protect the information you entrust to us.
Types Of Information We Collect
1 We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
· Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles)
· Tracking information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by email (for example, your domain name, your email address, and what pages you visit).
· Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
2. We use this information to:
· Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools, such as our online eNewsletters.
· Notify you of updates to our sites
· Notify you of relevant products and services
· Notify you of upcoming events and programs
· Notify you of billings posted to your account
· Track usage of our sites
· Assist state and national REALTOR® associations and affiliated Institutes, Societies and Councils in membership tracking and for their use for purposes similar to those listed above.
3. Email contact information. We do not share, sell, or trade email addresses, except that local association staff and leadership email addresses may be listed in the committee directories available on mymetrotex.org. We may use your email address to directly send you information and may provide you with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by us together with other communications to which you have subscribed.
4. Other forms of contact information. Forms of contact information other than email address (for example, street address) may be listed in the membership directories on mymetrotex.org. We will not share, sell or otherwise provide this contact information about you except for the following purposes:
· Partners in our REACH program for the limited purpose of notifying you of MetroTex-approved promotions.
· Other vendors for the limited purpose of contacting targeted groups of members, through marketing vehicles approved by us.
· When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
5. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card for products, dues or other services will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
6. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the information we collect and make available via our websites. We test security procedures regularly and modify them as new technologies become feasible.
7. We utilize a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. You may adjust your Communication Preferences by clicking on the ‘Update Your Preferences’ button in your weekly MetroTex email newsletter.
8. You may edit your personal contact information directly in the member portal by Login at www.mymetrotex.org
9. We are not responsible for the availability of or the business and privacy practices of other Web sites which are linked from www.mymetrotex.com. We provided these links for information and service. We do not take responsibility for the contents, advertising, products, or other materials made available through any other Web site nor for their data collection practices. We refer you to their Privacy Statements and Policies to learn how they collect and use information about you
10. Do-Not-Track Disclosure: Some browsers have a “Do-Not-Track” feature that allows you to communicate to websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Our system does not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers at this time.
Questions About Our Privacy Statement
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.