GREATER METRO MLS AREA MEETINGS AND TOURS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Designated Area representatives shall be responsible for the organization of meetings and tours.
Each MLS Area reserves the authority to decide the following matters:
· Selection of meeting site, time and program
· Time of tours or caravans
· Time and method of handing out tour sheets
· Deadline for submission of tour information
· Each area chair may assign an affiliate member to assist with policing MLS
attendees and possibly with other meeting responsibilities
· Area may utilize Broker sponsors to host meetings and schedule speakers
All meetings shall follow GMMLS policies:
1. Attendees at MLS area meetings must be current Participants or Subscribers of the MLS or Affiliate Members or Additional Affiliates of the Association or of a NTREIS participating association of REALTORS.
2. Only materials/flyers from Participants, Subscribers, Affiliates and other items as approved by the Association may be distributed at area tour meetings. Such distribution shall not cause the entry or exit to meeting facility to be blocked.
3. Topics for all speakers at MLS Area meetings shall be educational in nature or promote Association/MLS activities and shall not be used for the promotion, marketing or sale of products or services of commercial vendors.
4. If any elected officials and/or political candidates are invited to speak at/attend an MLS meeting in their official capacity, the following guidelines must be adhered to:
a. When any public official or political candidate is invited to speak at or attend an MLS meeting, the MetroTex Government Affairs Department shall be notified in advance.
b. During an election cycle and prior to MetroTex’s endorsement announcement, candidates invited to speak at/attend an MLS meeting, can be introduced from the podium and may “meet and greet” and hand out their campaign literature: however, they should not be given time to speak from the podium.
c. If an MLS area wants to have a candidate forum for a meeting program, all eligible candidates must be invited to participate or be offered the same opportunity to speak on another meeting day
d. Once MetroTex has announced endorsements, only those candidates who have received endorsement may be invited to speak at/attend an MLS meeting in their capacity as a candidate
Revised October 2010