Consumer Protection Notice Changes

Changes were recently made to the Consumer Protection Notice.

What changed? It no longer references the real estate inspection recovery fund, which was repealed this session.

Who does this affect? Real estate brokers, sales agents, inspectors, and easement or right-of-way (ERW) agents must provide the Consumer Protection Notice by posting it online and at their place of business.

Where is the new form? It is on TREC’s website.

How do I provide the form? If you link to the form on TREC’s website, you will not have to update your online notice because it is uploaded to the same URL. If you do not link to the form on our website (e.g., you have a PDF version or host the form on your own website), you will have to upload the new form by September 1.

You are also required to print the new form for posting in your place of business.