Fact or Fiction: Do You Need a License To Use a TREC Contract or Form?

A person must be a licensed real estate broker or agent to use a Texas Real Estate Commission contract or form.

Fiction. The forms and contracts promulgated by the Texas Real Estate Commission are available for use by the public. However, TREC mentions in an FAQ on the commission’s website that the forms are “intended for use primarily by licensed real estate brokers or sales agents who are trained in their correct use.”

While anyone may use forms promulgated by TREC, the 150-plus Texas REALTORS® forms are for the exclusive use of the association’s members.

Source: Texas REALTOR® Magazine