It is an honor and a privilege to serve as a National Association of REALTORS® Director. The primary role of a NAR Director is to be an informed, engaged member of NAR and be prepared to make decisions in the best interest of the 1.5 million members of NAR. The National Association of REALTORS® is a leading force in organized real estate, dedicated to its members’ success. This is a great opportunity to build your expertise and position yourself as a leader that REALTORS® around the country can rely on.
NAR QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Have served in some capacity within NAR governance, a state or local association, or NAR Institute, Society, or Council.
- Be a REALTOR® member in good standing, actively engaged in the business of real estate.
- Serve on at least one committee, forum, or advisory group to stay informed on key policy positions to act as a local member resource.
TEXAS REALTORS® MINIMUM STANDARDS
- REALTOR® for minimum of seven years.
- Held office as director of local board/association.
- Served as Texas REALTORS® director for minimum of two years, or has been a graduate of TRLP, a local association Texas REALTORS® approved leadership program or NAR Leadership program or is serving as a Texas REALTORS® or NAR Chairman of a standing committee.
- Served on and attended a Texas REALTORS® committee or task force for two of the last three years.
- Attended the Texas REALTORS® February and September Board of Directors meetings for the past two out of the last three years.
- Candidate Profile must be filled out on Texas REALTORS® website no later than June 1, 2022 in order to verify eligibility.
- Completed the NAR online profile and requested an NAR Committee appointment.