Texas REALTORS® is supporting five of the 14 proposed constitutional amendments on the Nov. 7 statewide ballot. (Early voting starts Oct. 23 and runs through Nov. 3). We encourage you to vote for:
- Proposition 1 – Protect the Right to Farm
- Proposition 4 – Provide Property Tax Relief
- Proposition 6 – Establish the Texas Water Fund
- Proposition 7 – Establish the Texas Energy Fund
- Proposition 8 – Establish the Broadband Infrastructure Fund
Proposition 4 would deliver the biggest property tax relief package in Texas history by raising the homestead tax exemption to $100,000 (up from $40,000) and authorizing the state to send more money to local school districts (also referred to as “compression”). These changes will help reduce property taxes for both homeowners and non-homestead properties. Proposition 1 would enshrine in the Texas Constitution certain rights related to agricultural activities on private property. Propositions 6, 7, and 8 establish funds to make investments in the state’s water, electricity, and broadband infrastructure.
Visit texasrealtorssupport.com for details about all amendments and to read about Texas REALTORS® positions.