Complete Your Code of Ethics Requirements Before It’s Too Late
If you don’t satisfy NAR’s Code of Ethics training requirement by the end of this year, your REALTOR® membership will be suspended. If you still haven’t completed the training by March 1, 2022, your membership will be terminated.
How to Find Your Ethics Training Status
NAR has an online lookup to check your ethics training status: nar.realtor/my-account (login required).
What Courses Currently Satisfy the NAR Requirement?
- Code of Ethics courses offered through MetroTex (mymetrotex.com/code-of-ethics)
- Code of Ethics courses offered by Texas REALTORS® (texasrealestate.com/ethicstraining)
- The NAR C2EX endorsement (nar.realtor/c2ex)
- NAR Official Code of Ethics Online Training (nar.realtor/coe)
- Courses from The CE Shop in partnership with Texas REALTORS® (texasrealtors.theceshop.com, use discount code COE35 for 35% off)
What Is All This About?
All members must complete the training every three years. The current deadline by which all REALTORS® must take the training is December 31, 2021. The Texas Real Estate Commission Legal II course required to renew your license no longer satisfies the NAR requirement for REALTOR® Code of Ethics training. This change was adopted by the NAR Board of Directors in 2019.
If you completed TREC Legal II in 2019 or the NAR-approved ethics training in 2019 or 2020: You have completed the NAR requirement for the current cycle that ends on December 31, 2021.
If you did not complete TREC Legal II in 2019 or another NAR-approved ethics training in 2019 or 2020: You must complete NAR Code of Ethics training by December 31, 2021.
If you have questions, contact MetroTex Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (214) 540-2745.
Source: Texas REALTORS®